Saturday, May 22, 2010

Southern magnolia?

A local power company hired a contractor to trim trees in my neighborhood. The contractor cut the entire south side of my magnolia tree(thats in my front yard)off. My tree is over 40 years old and is now a sad sight indeed, it is quite literally been cut in half. How do I determine the value of my tree both esthetically and financially. The kicker is that my tree was not of any threat to the power lines.

Southern magnolia?
Please go to :


http://www.treesaregood.com/treecare/tre...


%26amp; this website will advise you what to do regarding your magnolia tree! I personally am very sorry this happened to your tree! If the power companies right of way maintenance crews thought the tree was a problem they should have let you know first ! I lost five small redbud trees that were under the tree canopy %26amp; off the right of way because of an overzealous tree trimmer so I know exactly how you feel! If you know of an real estate attorney, I suggest you talk with him or her %26amp; have them contact the power company,as they usually will pay damages for coming onto your property and off the easement ! They do carry insurance for this type of thing %26amp; it is a contractor liability type of insurance of generally $1million.


No comments:

Post a Comment