Tuesday, November 17, 2009

What is a July Magnolia... tree, bush or what?

I won a 15 gallon July Magnolia. It has been on my patio in the same plastic container it came in, since April. I have no idea where to plant it or what care it needs. I went on the internet, but nothing came up for a "July Magnolia". Can you give me any information, please?

What is a July Magnolia... tree, bush or what?
I found a link for the Magnolia Society (below) with an email link...maybe they can help you sort it out.





If that doesn't work maybe a nursery in your area would be helpful.





Good luck to you :)
Reply:It's a trade name for another species that is not a magnolia at all. It's maybe a gardenia or camellia. It's a great idea to look for a scientific name of a plant on the plant tag. Scientific names are those long names that are sometimes hard to pronounce but are worth the trouble to know what exact plant you are getting. It is often italicized.


No comments:

Post a Comment