Saturday, November 19, 2011

Can I cut a branch off of my magnolia tree so that I can eventually plant it elsewhere?

Hi:


Cutting a branch off a Magnolia tree won't work to plant some where else. The root system of a Magnolia is wide and once the Magnolia is established, you can damage the tree by pruning it. Magnolias are a plant specimen that only should be pruned when they are younger and done in the summer, after bloom time.





Seeds are very slow to germinate and you can take a young Magnolia can be propaged in summer after the bud forms. You can propagate by taking three to four inch green cuttings. The shoots should be put in a sand base light weight soil and you should mist oftern.





You can also do graphing on an establish strong Magnolia. I am a landscaper and design and I usually don't recommend doing anything to your established Magnolia unless you have the right environment to propagate or graph.





I hope this has helped some. The Magnolia is one of my favorite trees here in the south. If you have a healthy one, enjoy and don't prune it if it is well established.





I will link you to the site map of my website. This page has everything that is on my website. Browse through as there are many tips, techniques and articles that may give you some information. Good luck to you and have a great day!


Kimberly





http://www.landscape-solutions-for-you.c...

Can I cut a branch off of my magnolia tree so that I can eventually plant it elsewhere?
Yes, go to this site








http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/MG270


No comments:

Post a Comment